Training on Data Modeling in Uganda, Africa
What you’ll learn
• Fundamentals of normalization and why it’s important to transactional databases
• How to develop logical and physical data models
• How to model data security, privacy, and protection requirements
• When and where to model database-specific performance requirements
• How model-driven development fits in a DevOps or agile environment
• How to avoid schema drift and other data anti-patterns
Module 1: Introducing Data Modeling
Understand the business case for data modeling, and get an introduction to normalization, data modeling taxonomy, and model-driven database design.
Module 2: Designing Logical Data Models
Learn about identifying entities, attributes, and relationships, and learn about entity relationship diagramming and metadata capture.
Module 3: Designing Physical Data Models
Get the details on transforming a logical data model into a physical model, including designing database-specific features and constraints.
Module 4: Leveraging Data Models on Agile and DevOps Projects
Explore the process of data modeling on modern development projects, including planning, continuous delivery, test-driven development, continuous integration, sprints, versioning, and deliverables.